Thursday, March 12, 2015

12 March 2015

It occurs to me that I did get a picture of people ski-skating/roller-skiing up the street a few months back, before my last post about the weird things I had recently seen.

About a week ago, I was driving out near Caughlin Ranch, and saw a man on a recumbent bike turning the corner. It wasn't just a recumbent bike, it was actually a luge bike, and he was getting ready to go downhill on McCarran. On another day, I saw what I presume was the same man, at a stoplight at the bottom of McCarran near Virginia. I'm guessing this is how some people practice various sporty things, although I don't know how it compares. He is lying down on his back on the bike, but he has to pedal. Maybe he controls his direction with his feet, and that is part of the practice.

Then a couple days ago, near Idlewild, I saw a man who looked like Santa Claus incognito, roller skiing down the street. It kind of looks like fun, I almost want to try it. But roller blading is hard enough, particularly on my right knee.

Everything is blooming, just about. My trees aren't, but I haven't been watering them this winter. I seem to notice every quince bush that's in bloom now, though. It's odd, because my forsythia is just barely showing, and that is usually first. I guess it is stubborn and sticks to its set time for blooming, regardless of the weather. Yet ornamental cherry and pear trees are in full bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment